Saturday, December 3, 2011

Christmas Trees!

Do you love them?  I really like the way they turned out, but let me warn you, this is a time consuming project!

I saw some trees on Pinterest and decided to give it a try.... They had used paper plates for the cones.  I didn't have any paper plates, so I improvised and used some scrapbook paper.  Card stock would have probably been better, but I was anxious to get started.  So I made my cones in three different sizes using regular tape to form. 

I started with the green tree.  It was by far the hardest!  It took quite a long time.  Here is what you need.
I cut the green paper into strips about 1 and 1/2 inches wide.  Then I went ahead and twisted a whole bunch.  Many more than pictured here. I used a glue stick to form the little rosettes.  I used the length of the tissue paper for about half and cut some in half to make smaller rosettes. 
To make the rosettes, just twist the twisted paper in a circle.  To keep your form from showing, glue them very close together.  I used a hot glue gun for this, but BE CAREFUL!  Tissue paper is very thin.  I suffered some pretty good burns on this project!
On to the red one.  Again cut your tissue paper in strips 1and1/2 inches wide.
Twist them just like the green ones.  Then start wrapping them around, hot glue as you
go.  I didn't go in one continuous strip, I cut them on the back so my rows would be lever. 

After you get those done, and it may be awhile!  On to the silver.  this one went much faster! 
Here are the things you need....
Start by cutting the same 1 and 1/2 inch strips.  The cut them in squares.  It will take alot.  I think I used a whole pack of silver paper.  When you get your squares cut, fold the over and then again.  Now take the corner and pinch them. 
Now start gluing!  Be careful!  I still don't have some fingerprints! 
Keep going til its completely covered.  I want to display mine on candle sticks!  I am headed to the dollar store to get some now!  Have fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment