Really nice re-do! this vanity stool was in pretty good shape. I don't have a before picture:(
Let's just say the wood was in pretty good shape. The fabric was rotten and ugly! I found this really nice fabric at Hobby Lobby. It was a little expensive, but it only took about half a yard. I bought some new foam, and cut it to fit. Used a staple gun to secure everything. I did sand the rough edges. The prevoius owners covered alot of their furniture in some really thick awful sealer of stain of some kind. It was almost like sanding paint. Once I got it smooth I decided to distress the edges a little and restain the whole thing. Used polycrylic to seal it all after it dried. Lovely!